PayPal is a cornerstone of online financial transactions, offering convenience and security to millions worldwide. Your PayPal password serves as a crucial barrier against unauthorised access, so it's essential to know how to reset or change it promptly when needed. This guide covers everything you need to know about managing your PayPal password securely.

How to Change Your PayPal Password?
Reset PayPal password periodically enhances your account's security. Follow these steps to update your password:
Log into Your PayPal Account: Access your PayPal account using the official website or mobile app.
Navigate to Account Settings: Look for the "Settings" or "Profile" option, typically located in the top-right corner of the screen.
Select Security: Within the settings menu, find and select the "Security" or "Password" section.
Verify Identity: PayPal may prompt you to verify your identity to proceed with changing your password. This verification often involves entering a code sent to your registered email address or phone number.
Enter New Password: Once identity verification is complete, enter your current password, followed by your new, strong password. Ensure your new password meets PayPal’s security requirements.
Save Changes: Confirm the password change to finalize and update your account with the new credentials.

How to Reset Your PayPal Password?
If you forgot PayPal password or suspect it has been compromised, follow these steps to reset it:
Access the PayPal Website: Visit the official PayPal website or open the PayPal mobile app.
Click on the "LogIn" button and then select "Having trouble logging in?" Enter the email address associated with your PayPal account.
Tap on "Having trouble logging in?" and follow the prompts to enter your email address.
A verification code is sent to your registered email address. Enter this code to proceed with the password reset.
Answer the security questions you set up when creating your PayPal account.
PayPal may send a verification code to your registered mobile phone number.
Once identity verification is complete, create a new password for your PayPal account. Ensure it’s strong and unique.

FAQ
How often should I change my PayPal password?
It's advisable to change PayPal password, especially if you suspect any security breaches or unauthorised access attempts.

Can I reset my PayPal password without my phone number and security questions?
Yes, you can still reset your PayPal password by verifying your identity through alternative methods like email verification.

What should I do if I can’t reset my PayPal password?
If you encounter difficulties resetting your PayPal password, ensure you’re using the correct email address associated with your account. Contact PayPal’s customer support for further assistance.

Can I change my phone number on PayPal without knowing my password?
Changing your phone number on PayPal typically requires verification through your current password or alternative identity verification methods.